Marie-Claire Guyot was born in Paris on May 19th, 1937. She studied piano at the Conservatory in Marseilles where she spent her youth. She started to paint in 1961 when she got married with Bruno Colombo. Meanwhile she moved to Italy living first in Venice, than in Turin and finally in Milan. She had two daughters. Each summer she went back in Burgundy to her old family house which was full of memories, where she shared the artistic path with her sister Elisabeth Guyot Vernet.
Marie-Claire started to exhibit in 1965. She studied engraving at Albertina academy in Turin in 1969 and in Urbino (1973).
In 1970 she won the “Foreigner Students” award in Milan.
Marie-Claire died on January 21st, 1991.
Some of her works are now in the permanent collection of the Création Franche, Bégles’s Outsider Art Museum (Bordeaux) and of Casa dell’Art Brut in Casteggio (Pavia).
1965 Venice (Galleria Internazionale)
1973 Venice (Segno grafico)
1979 Milan (Il Mercante)
1979 Trento (Nove Colonne)
1979 Como (Salotto/A)
1980 Turin (Citibank)
1981 Turin (Citifin)
1982 Bologna (Nove Colonne)
1992 Yonne (Francia) – Museo di Noyers – Solo show
2014 Milano – Maroncelli 12 Gallery – “The secret opera” – Solo show
She participated in International exhibitions like in Belgrade (1971) and in Barcelona (1979).